Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 23/09/2015
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research‑based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
70 fellowships are awarded annually1;
a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
$70,000 per year (taxable)
2 years (non‑renewable)
|April – September||Applicants seek endorsement from host institution to apply, prepare and submit application (institutions may have internal deadlines).|
|September 23, 2015
|Deadline for complete application submission|
|October to December 2015||Evaluation of applications|
|January 29, 2016||Anticipated announcement of results|
|April to October 2016||Payments begin|
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between the following:
- applicant – individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career
- host institution – commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.